These kind of trips depend on the player: What armor/weapon are you wielding and what sort of monsters you will face.
Things for a hunt
Though most commonly you will need:
- Armor (full set recommended)
- Weapon(s) of some sort (A melee blade, rifle, etc.)
- Ammo (for ranged weapons. Carry alot, more than you think you’ll need)
- FAP/Vivo (the higher the grade the more it heals, although it also depends on your Medical skills)
- Attachments (completely optional, but they can help you hunt more effeciently)
Once you find a good mob, left click it to ‘lock’ on the mob. Then get within range of the mob (may vary from what weapon you use). Left clicking the mob a second time will fire/attack the mob. At this time, a few things happen:
- You may hit the mob, causing damage
- You may miss, doing nothing to the mob
- The mob’s health will decrease with each hit
- The mob that got hit will face you and attempt to strike back.
Continue to left click the mob (or any action key you have desginated as an attack function), until the mob is dead or you are.
After you kill the mob, you can walk/run to the carcass and attempt to loot it. Some times the mob will carry nothing and you will get a message on the chat window, while other times a window will appear with some items or other goodies. If your health is low bring out your fap and heal yourself to full health, then repeat the hunting process once more until you’re out of ammo or just feel like quitting. If you die, just revive, fap, and start over again.
Helpful tips and tricks
Attachments help in the way to make your hunting go quicker and more effecient.
- Weapon Amplifers (ranged only) help do more damage per shot. The higher grade amps consume more ammo than unamped weapons, so keep this in mind.
- Scopes allow the user to zoom in and out on mobs or objects. Use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
- Laser sights improve your accuracy, so you won’t miss as often.
- A good mob is one that takes about 5-12 seconds to kill. Thus you’re not fighting too tough of mob, but also not too easy of a mob for your level.
- Armor decays with use. As it does, it protects you less. Make sure your armor is in perfect or near-perfect condition.