How a Virtual Party Works
Virtual parties work in a very similar way as parties in the “real world.” Friends gather — sometimes planned in advanced and some times on a whim — and the fun begins. Often there is dancing involved, and always chit-chat amongst friends, both old and new. It is also typical that guests decide upon an online source for live music and all tune in so that they are listening to the same tunes.
Some parties are more formalized and planned out than others. They may include dance contests or other activities, and prizes may be given by sponsors of the event. Such parties can be founded under current events.
The great thing about a party is that it requires no special tools, skills, equipment, or talent. We are born into Entropia Universe with the ability to walk, talk, and dance.
If you are in the mood to party, and can’t find one already in place, you certainly can start your own! It typically only takes one or two people dancing near a popular gathering point (such as a common teleport location); before you know it, you’ll have more people there dancing with you and a party underway!
Why Attend a Party?
At first, you might question the purpose of a party in our virtual universe. If you aren’t certain why one might want to attend a party, then you owe it to yourself to check one out.
While primarily for fun and relaxation, the party scene is an integral and important part of the Entropia community. It is a great opportunity to make new friends, meet new hunting partners, and create business networking contacts. It gives people an opportunity to connect with others in our community without limitations such as differences in skill levels, equipment, or PED availability. While these friendships and contacts may seem trivial to some, they truly help to build a strong sense of community pride and mutual respect.
First time party people are often overheard saying things such as, “Wow! I never knew I could have so much fun in Entropia without spending a ton of PED!”
Your avatar is really the only thing you need to bring to the party at bare minimum. However, there are some other things you might want to pack to spice things up a bit. Here are some suggestions (though feel free to add your own flair!):
- Mind Essence: Have enough to activate your chips
- Changes of clothes
- Flowers, fireworks or any other handheld item
Here are some of the Entropia Directory staff’s favorite party tips!
- Be There…….Just do it!!!! You owe it to yourself to give it a try!
- Read the Details in Advance!
- Many of the contests and parties have postings on forums that contain important event information. There are often rules around pre-registration and arrival times to participate in contests. Please make sure you read all of these details so you don’t miss out.
- Allow Plenty of Time!
- Don’t stress if you can’t be on time, Parties always go late. However, if you wish to participate in a dance contest, there are often rules around when you must be there.
- Whatever the publicized length of the party, be sure to block twice that amount of time! There is always an after-party, which is often the best part!
- Bring some friends…while there is always an opportunity to meet new people, it’s nice to bring friends with you to the event
- Take some time before hand to Pack, Unload, and set your QuickBar for Dancing
- Don’t forget to bring some Mind Essence to activate “Sparkles” (aka Mindforce Special Effects)
- PINK | Heal Chip
- BLUE | Teleport Chip
- RED | Firestorm
- Leave Dropped Items Alone
- Dancers often mark the ground around them with a few PEC worth of items (fruit, mind essence, PEC, etc.). This is part of their act, please leave it undisturbed. Even if you find items on the ground unattended, leave them there – the owner probably went to dance with a friend and will return soon.
- Find out what live music the party will be rocking to so you can tune in!
- There is something universally bonding about a crowd all listening to the exact same music!
- At CND, the music will stream live through the in-game music (make sure your volume is turned up!). Outside of the Domes and Disco at CND, you will need to use an external music player on your desktop.
- Participate in the Conversation
- While it can be easy to get carried away hitting the keys to dance, the All Chat can get Hilarious and one more funny comment can make all the difference!
- Avoid Spamming, Shouting (Caps), and Selling. As always, be respectful of your fellow party people.
- Be Social
- Private chat is a great way to get to know your dance partner and to hook up Solo Dances with different partners throughout the night!
- Watch out for hidden cameras (aka Screenshots)
- They are everywhere, and they aren’t afraid to post on forums!
- Win Prizes
- There is often a chance to win a Prize! Parties are typically full of giveaways & competions. The best prize you will receive will be an awesome new friend or six!
- Don’t worry about fancy clothes (but if you have em, wear em!)
- However, if you do want to pick out some new party clothes, here is a listing of Clothing Stores.
Please see: Music
Please see: Dance
Parties can occur anywhere in the universe. If you need to travel through space to reach the party destination, here is a List of Pilots for your reference.
For the latest schedule of events and parties, please check the listing of Current Events!