Robot Beacon Missions
Robot beacon missions are a bonus quest within the game.
The missions are started by a robot beacon that signals an SOS request to a robot pod ship. Once the robot pod ship has been summoned to the location of the robot beacon, it will in turn fly into orbit to the mother ship and unloads the passengers.
This is where the mission begins. You and your team has to kill all the drones within that ship, structured on different levels. After the last bot is killed, usually the boss, you have a countdown to leave the ship before it explodes. During this time you can loot all the containers on different levels. Usual loot items are TT items, low level armor and PEDs. Even if a team is present, only the person that opens the box will receive the loot.
Checklist for a robot beacon mission
- Lighten your inventory as much as possible for maximum speed.
- Walk to the coordinates and click(make sure everyone has plenty of ammo 5k plus)
- Nice visuals as the Pod Ship decends and hovers 30ft (or so) in the air. A ramp of light extends down allowing the team of up to six to enter.
- Place the beacon in the terminal on board when every one is in and clear of the door.
- Fight your way up through 6 levels.
- Make sure each floor gets assigned to a team member for looting on the way back down. There is a limited amount of time to loot the large storage boxes, so its best to get team members to run straight down to there assigned levels once the Boss is dead.
- The Drones dont give loot but are reletively easy to kill, however most of them are proficient snipers and due to a bug, they can shoot through walls.
- Whether going up or down you have to run through each level to get to the teleporter at the other end. The teleporters only give access to the floor above or below.
- All Drones on a level must be cleared to open the next.
- Make sure the assigned looter for each level study’s the layout and its very clear who’s floor is who’s.
- Kill the Boss
- All players must stay on this top level until the boss is dead.
- When at the top level send two team members over towards the boss, beware of the trap, use the narrow bridge.
- The rest of the team can stay by the teleporter ready to run. If you are not on the top level when boss is killed you will not be able to loot the boxes!
- Boss is usually a Warrior 3-5
- Loot the boxes.
- The TP’s are one way and there is one at each end of each level, so getting down means running back through each level.
- Once the boss is dead the clock starts to count down.
- One player (the boss killer) loots the level 6 (top)
- The other (boss killers assistant) loots level 5
- Shortest way back through level 4 (maze like) is to follow the Left wall.
- All other player are best to leave level 4 (for the boss killers) and simply run down to there floors from 3-1.
- It takes the whole countdown to reach the first level, so this team member needs to have studied the shortest path down in order to loot level 1
- Use the F-Key for run it will give you a little more speed indoors.
- Stand between two boxes when looted so you dont have to move (The boxes open painfully slow)
- General rule is all player hand loot to the leader for an even split!
- Beware it’s an awesome ride but will probably end up costing everyone money unless you get a really sweet item in the loot! (average loss is around 10 ped per Team Member)
Society members should read the Robot beacon mission training program.
New society beacon missions planned, see robot_beacon_expedition